In this episode, STARTTS Youth…
In this episode, STARTTS Community Development Group Worker, Rohullah Rahimi, spoke with Nicole Loehr about how recent evacuees from Afghanistan are being impacted by their ordeal. He discusses what educators can do to support the resettlement and recovery of young Afghans and also talks about the various groups and forums, he and STARTTS colleagues have been facilitating for their Afghan clients.
Groups that Rohullah and colleagues are involved in facilitating at STARTTS:
- Australian Citizenship Test Preparation group for Permanent Residents
- Women’s yoga group (run by a colleague)
- Afghan Youth Gathering – Afghan Young People are on Steering Committee – aimed at 12-24 year olds.
- Community Groups and Forums – Afghan Community RoundTable Discussion and also a support group for recent evacuees.
- If you would like to discuss Community Development Programs for Afghan members of the community, please call STARTTS on (02) 9646 6666 and ask for Rohullah Rahimi.
Links to where to donate to support Afghans:
People seeking information about the immigration status of recent arrivals from Afghanistan or information about pathways for Afghans to resettle in Australia, are advised to consult The Department of Home Affairs Afghanistan Update and the Refugee Advice and Casework Service Afghanistan Crisis Response Clinic.